!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Amy's Blog: My latest sock project

Amy's Blog

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

My latest sock project

I've decided to pull out the socks that rock socks with the swirling issue and drop down to 64 sts. Even if that doesn't solve the problem, I'm going to stick with them this time. In the meantime, I have started a new pair of socks. The yarn is Online Linie 11 Alpha, a very nice and shiny mercerized cotton. This yarn is soooooo soft. I love it! It's also working up very fast. I was able to complete the short row toe and work a good portion of the foot in just over an hour and a half...not too bad! I'm not really a fast knitter. The pattern is from the book Sensational Socks. I just got this book recently and it has got the most wonderful patterns in a multitude of options for sizes and gauges. It's really an amazing book and a very good purchase!

I've also started a blanket for Savannah. I'm using the Utopia yarn I bought in New Orleans. It is so soft and the longer I work with it, the more I like it. I'm doing a progressive stripe pattern that is lots of fun. Normally I would be flipping out with boredom from the stockinette stitch, but the color changes are really holding my interest. I think perhaps it's because I like the colors so much.

So, what are y'all working on????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home