!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Amy's Blog: Contest at My House

Amy's Blog

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Contest at My House

We're having a contest at my house. The children and I are trying to see who can get the sickest and stay the sickest the longest! That's what I feel like anyway. Chandler has got bronchitis now. I'm sure Savannah isn't far behind. I took him to the doctor this morning and the doctor sent me home with more medicine for myself even, and a prescription for when Savannah gets it. Talk about encouraging, huh? Well, at least it saved me a $75 office visit and another $75 office visit for when Savannah gets sick too. I really like our doctor!

On another much better note, I passed my Business Education Praxis exam! Yay! I'm so thrilled, now I'll be certified to teach Business Ed. classes for grades 7-12. I have another big test in March for my Grade 4-8 Certification in English, Math, Science, and History! That one will be a booger.

For the knitting content, I've started a pair of red socks! They are looking good so far. I'm using a Lacy Mock Cable pattern and I think that is looks very much like eyelet lace to me. I'm enjoying the pattern very much and the five row repeat was simple to memorize. These socks are also growing quickly. I'm making them out of Brown's Sheep Nature Spun Sportweight, but really the yarn feels the same to me as Regia's Crazy Color and I ended up having to use a size 2 needle. Here's a picture from last night:

3 Comments:

  • At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just read your blog! Fabulous stuff - I love the pink and the project progress review on the right.
    Congratulations of passing the business ed. praxis exam! Way to go. I'd like to present you with a sheep tape measure from the shop. I think Savannah will like it!

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    Thanks Joy! That's so nice of you! Savannah will definitely love it! :0) I'm glad you like the blog.

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    For anyone that might read this comment.....Amy is an excellent teacher. I have wanted to knit for years. I met Amy through our son's being in TaeKwonDo together and she usually has knitting in her hands. I mentioned that I'd wanted to learn how and she "assured me" she could teach me. I had doubts, but she did it! Now I'm addicted!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home