!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Amy's Blog: Not much progress

Amy's Blog

Monday, January 30, 2006

Not much progress

There hasn't been much knitting progress here. I've been sick and now Chandler is sick so I haven't felt like working on much lately. I sure hope all of this stuff passes soon. I've got a lot of projects that need to be accomplished. Mainly baby gifts. I still have seven baby gifts left to make. SEVEN! Seriously, the people that I work with need to take it easy in the baby department. I had to rip out the LSU sweater and start it over again. Savannah spilled a glass of Dr. Pepper on it and it had to be washed. The problem came when it got wet. It grew and grew. I thought this was very unusual for acrylic yarn, but it really grew. It went from tiny baby to almost too big for Savannah. That's a big jump since she's 3. So I started the sweater over with smaller needles and a much smaller gauge and I've reached the sleeve portion again. I'm much happier with the fabric of the sweater this time too. I hope to have it finished soon. This baby isn't due until May though. I've got to get some ideas going for the other babies. I know that two of them are going to be boys now. I have one coming up in March so that's not too far away. I need to make something simple and quick, but what? I'm stumped. Here's a pictures of the LSU sweater waiting for sleeves and a bodice.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're a teacher, right? Can I just say that there should be an apostrophe in "My Kids' Blog"?

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Amy!

    Gosh, that was rude of anonymous.

    Anyway, You Won, You Won! Send me your snail mail address and I'll get your prize off to you.

    Hope you're feeling better.

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    Um, not when you did not intend for the work KIDS to be a possessive word. It's a blog about my kids not owned by my kids. But thanks for reading this blog! Hope you come back soon. But be nicer perhaps in your comments.

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    Winning is cool! I've never won anything! EVER! Thanks!

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    I hope your family is feeling better soon. Sorry to hear about your sweater problem. Hopefully it will go better the second time!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home