!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Amy's Blog: A few things about me

Amy's Blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A few things about me

I saw this today on Crazy Aunt Purl's blog and thought it would be neat to do so here goes:

TEN Random Things You Didn't Know About Me:
1. I wear something pink, somewhere on my body every day.
2. When I take a shower, there is a specific order I do things and if something happens and I get out of order, I have to do it all over again.
3. If a restaraunt doesn't have sweet tea, I will always order a soda instead of unsweet and adding the sweetener myself.
4. I like my coffee to be very sugary.
5. I take pleasure in coming up with new ways to wake up students who go to sleep in my classroom.
6. I still don't really know what I want to be when I grow up.
7. The one thing I do know is that I want to own a yarn shop.
8. I hate going to the restroom in public places and I will make myself sick before I do #2 in a public place.
9. I spray my classroom computers with lysol everyday because kids are gross.
10. For some reason, my students love to talk to me about their problems and I seem to be a magnet for troubled kids.

NINE places I've visited:
1. Taos, NM
2. Durango, CO
3. Sante Fe, NM
4. Atlanta, GA
5. Memphis, TN
6. Biloxi, MS
7. Mobile, AL
8. New Orleans, LA
9. Pennsacola, FL

EIGHT ways to win my heart:
1. Clean house for me, without being asked, begged, or paid.
2. Cook for me.
3. Buy me yarn.
4. Listen to me talk about my knitting, and fake excitement or at least act impressed!
5. Compliment me.
6. Love my children.
7. Romance me.
8. Talk to me about small things.

SEVEN things I want to do before I die:
1. Go on an Alaskan cruise with Toby.
2. Own a yarn shop.
3. Go to Ireland.
4. Go to the Grand Canyon.
5. Be debt free.
6. Be a granmother.
7. Be skinny.

SIX things I'm afraid of:
1. Bugs.
2. Spiders.
3. Snakes.
4. Rats.
5. Running out of money.
6. Having to tell my husband if we actually did run out of money!

FIVE things I don't like:
1. Sick teenagers that don't cover their mouth when they cough.
2. People who don't wash their hands.
3. People who are mean to my kids.
4. Any of the things from above that I'm afraid of.
5. How hot it gets in my classroom. I mean really, there are 31 computers in here and it's 82 degrees in here. Come on! Fix the air already!!!!

FOUR ways to turn me off:
1. Smell bad.
2. Have bad breath.
3. Be mean and rude.
4. Lie to me.

THREE things I do every day:
1. Knit
2. Read
3. Love my family

TWO things that make me happy:
1. My husband
2. My kids

ONE thing on my mind right now:
1. Is it time to go home yet? How long 'til Christmas Break????

1 Comments:

  • At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A hint on waking up those sleepers in class...

    My french teacher in high school used to mark on the face of any unsuspecting conked out student. One time, she drew on this kids face in marker, toilet papered him to the desk, had the year book come down and take a picture, and he STILL didn't wake up until the bell rang! Too bad it was picture day!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home