!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Amy's Blog: I'm going on a Diet

Amy's Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2006

I'm going on a Diet

A YARN Diet that is. I need to do some serious stash reduction so I'm publicly announcing my yarn diet. I will be keeping a tally in the sidebar (assuming I can figure out HOW) to keep me motivated. I will keep track of the number of skeins used from my stash and the number of skeins purchased, because we all know that it's nearly impossible to go an extended period of time without purchasing a single skein of yarn. Don't look at me like that! You know it's true! I recently read a blog that was comparing yarn to heroine and seriously, I may have some pretty bad withdrawals. BUT the good news is that after a fairly good inventory of my yarn stash (after the yarn I got for Christmas) I have enough yarn to knit up 27 pairs of socks. That in itself is enough to keep me busy for months! Especially when you have to add into the mix that I now spend every evening shuffling the kids to Tae Kwon Do and Dance--totally worth the effort though!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Amy. Thanks for stopping by my new digs at typepad. Hopefully and can figure how to move over three year's of blog posts from blogspot.

    Your Grandmother's stole is just stunning! It looks similar to one I knit a couple of years ago out of Over the Rainbow Twinkletoes yarns.

    I'm planning on knitting down my stash this year. I'm going to accomplish by making this the year of the throw. We'll see how good my resolve is.

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Haven't you heard? DIET is a four letter word. Good luck though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home