!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Amy's Blog: Knitting Update

Amy's Blog

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Knitting Update

Well, I took a bit of a break from my current projects to knit a hat. I bought some really gorgeous yarn at the War Eagle Craft Fair that was 50% silk/50% wool and it was handpainted in the prettiest colors ever! I couldn't wait to knit this up and it was burning a hole in my yarn box so I had to do it to save the rest of my stash from total destruction, right??? Well, it made the softest hat I've ever put on my head. I was actually sad when the project was completed. I even tried to prolong the project by using dpns for the first time when it got too small for my circular needle. I have been terrified of those double pointed needles since I learned to knit, but it was time and it really was tough to figure out at first, but then all of a sudden I was knitting away on them! Weeehaaaa! I feel like a real knitter now! I'll post a picture of the hat soon.

I have a new project too. I joined the Fuzzy Feet Knit Along and I've already started my practice pair out of some left over Lamb's Pride from my clogs. If I love how they turn out as much as I love my clogs, then I'll make more! I'm thinking these would be a great gift too. Perhaps Chandler's teachers would like these? Hmmmm.......

My major focus project is now going to be finishing these cuff down socks and then my shawlette. These are two projects that I really want to finish soon. Mostly so that I can wear them and then move on to some other things. Some of my current projects are on the back burner because my family won't make up their minds if we're going to exchange gifts with everyone or draw names. I hope they do SOON because I need to get busy if I am going to have enough time to make something and then I can decide which projects I can let go too because I've already got some gifts started. hint, hint, hint!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home