!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Amy's Blog: I stink at blogging!

Amy's Blog

Sunday, October 01, 2006

I stink at blogging!

So I may be one of the laziest bloggers around, huh? Sorry. I've had a lot going on around here. I started teaching full-time. I'm teaching 8th and 9th grade business classes. They're GREAT!

I got a spinning wheel. So far I've made two skeins of yarn. The wheel is an Ashford Traditional single drive. I love it! Here's a sample of the yarn that I made.



My brother and his wife had a baby boy, so I knit a kimono. I made it with Sugar and Creme cotton yarn. I like the way it turned out, but I think it's going to be too small. Will have to wait to see. The only modifications I made were instead of using ribbon for the ties, I used two snaps. I put one on each side. I had thought about using buttons, but after searching two stores and not finding a single button that would look right, I gave up and went for snaps. I just thought that the ribbon would be too girly with this blue. I started another kimono for my sister-in-law. She's having a girl so a pretty girlie sweater it will be!



This weekend we went to Bikes, Blues, and BBQ. It was fun, but we didn't venture too far into the crowd of people. It was VERY crowded.

Chandler got to meet the guys from the Chrome Shop Mafia. They make the television show Trick My Truck on CMT. He was excited to say the least. They had one of their trucks on display and it was really neat to see.



Please pardon the smokey picture. The smoke was from this:



That is the world's largest travelling bbq pit. Pretty cool! Don't know why that impressed me so much.

After the festival, we went up to Pig Trail Harley to look at the bikes. There were too many people in there to look this weekend. We still haven't decided exactly which bike we're going to buy yet. I know that I will be glad when we finally get the bike no matter what it is because the waiting is stressful.

Let's see...what else....Oh yeah! I'm looking forward to Wednesday because I'm taking nine of my FBLA members to the Fall Leadership Conference. Our guest speaker is going to be awesome. Judson Laiply, the guy who does the Evolution of Dance is going to be the speaker and I can't tell you how excited my kids are! It's going to be a fun day.

I guess that's about it for now. I'll do my best to not be as long updating again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home