!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Amy's Blog: Finished Sock

Amy's Blog

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Finished Sock

I finished my new sock! I love it....well except for one thing. There are holes where I did the ssk stitches at the gusset and at the toe. I pulled the yarn as tight as I could, but it still happened at the toe. :0( Very unhappy with that. So, anyway, if you know how to fix this would you please let me know? I've already cast on for the second sock and hope to have it resolved before I get to the gusset.







2 Comments:

  • At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is what I do to help prevent those "ladders" on the SSK side of the gusset and toe: there is usually one knit st on the needle before the SSK, I knit into the back of this stitch, then do my SSK like normal. It twists that first st, making it tighter. Hope this helps!

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    Here's what I do to prevent ladders. After knitting the stitches from one needle onto the working needle, instead of using the empty needle right away, I knit a couple of stitches from the next needle. I do this ever round (using 5 needles in all works easiest) so that I am actually knitting in spiral mode on the needles. Your stitches will be even and tight and you will never see where they were.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home