!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Amy's Blog: Finished Objects

Amy's Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Finished Objects

In the last few days I've been knitting like a mad woman to finish some projects before my sock class starts and before I have to go back to work. I finished the shawl for my mom. Here are a couple of pictures.



This is a picture of the "shawl" wrapped around my rocking chair. The next picture is a close-up of the stitches and fringe. I used a plain garter stitch throughout the pattern.



Here is my sweet Savannah modeling her Nana's shawl (or is in an afghan?) to show how much she likes it. She says "I not give da blankie to Nana! It's MINE!"



I also finished my first Booga Bag! I liked knitting this bag. It was fast and a fun road project. Here are a couple of pictures. The first one is before felting and the second is after.





It feels great to finaly have some FO's! Now, I'm working on a Clapotis shawl and will start my first pair of sock tomorrow!

5 Comments:

  • At 10:48 PM, Blogger Stranded Sisters said…

    Lovely colors on both the shawl & bag...isn't felring FUN!?!?!

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Stranded Sisters said…

    Sorry, I meant "felting"
    Knit-on
    Libby

     
  • At 7:43 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    Thanks Libby! I really enjoyed the whole process. It was fun to watch the bag change right before my eyes! PS, love your blog!

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi
    I love the bag and I wanted to know where you found your pattern. Also, what yarn did you use?

    Thanks so much,
    Maureen

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is Maureen again, I just read back on your blog and found the pattern and type of yarn.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home